Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal Indiana, Michigan, or Ohio residents who are 18 years of age or older at the beginning of the contest period, have lawful access to the internet, a valid e-mail address, and physically located and residing in the WPTA ABC21 terrestrial geographic viewing areas in the following counties: Steuben, Noble, Dekalb, Whitley, Allen, Paulding, Wabash, Huntington, Wells, Adams, Van Wert, and Jay.
2. Entrants must have a valid U.S. Social Security Number or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees of Granite Broadcasting Corporation owner of television station WISE, 3401 Butler Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 and Malara Broadcasting Group owner of television station WPTA, 3401 Butler Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 (collectively, “Sponsor”), and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per person, per email address, and per registration. The contest begins at 12:00 am local time on April 24, 2014 and all entries must be received by 12:00 pm local time on May 28, 2014.
4. Enter and win: "Like” ABC21 Alive Facebook page then watch for special news report postings on the ABC21 Facebook page. Watch & share the preview promo linked to the posting then ask us a question or post a comment about the upcoming report and print your posting. Then watch 21Alive News at 6pm on the day the story airs. If your question or comment is highlighted, you will win a prize. Up to 10 winners will be selected from the special report comments April 24, 2014 through May 28, 2014. The Facebook special news report posting will occur up to one (1) week prior to the airing of the special report during the ABC21 Alive at 6pm newscast. The winning Facebook question or comment will be selected based on relevance to the special report by a representative of ABC21 and the Facebook question or comment will be highlighted following the airing of the related special report.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. No email entries will be accepted. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WPTA and WISE giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. Winner(s) will receive either gas cards totaling $200 or in two cases, an Ipad mini valued at $450.
7. Winner(s) only notification will be announcement during the special reports 6pm airing on 21Alive.
8. All winners must pick up prizes at our 3401 Butler Road studio during business hours (M-F 8:30a-4:30p).
9. All winners will be required to show proof of identity, proof of age, and proof of residency within the ABC21 viewing area. All winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release, and claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion upon receipt of the prize. All winners will be required to complete an IRS form W-9.
10. If a winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and the form W-9 and claim the prize by May 30, 2014, that prize will be forfeited.
11. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
12. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
13. Only one prize will be awarded per person. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
14. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
15. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
16. These giveaway rules are available at www.incnow.tv, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WPTA-TV, 3401 Butler Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 through May 30, 2014.
17. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after May 30, 2014 to: WPTA-TV, 3401 Butler Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808.
18. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize.
20. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.