Date(s) & Time(s)::
August 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM
Location: Fairfield Elementary, 2825 Fairfield Ave.
Phone: (260) 423-3546
CANI (Community Action of Northeast Indiana), in partnership with East Allen County Schools, Fort Wayne Community Schools, Lutheran Health Network, MDwise and Parkview, is hosting a free insurance event Aug. 8 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Fairfield Elementary, 2825 Fairfield Ave.
Representatives from Northeast Covering Kids & Families and Lutheran Health Network will be on site to assist with completion of enrollment forms. Each child in a household that completes an application will receive a backpack loaded with school supplies donated by MDwise, while supplies last.
Information/documentation required for each household member (if applicable) includes:
• Name, date of birth and social security number
• Proof of identification (driver’s license or other photo ID)
• Proof of all income (90 days). Examples include pay stubs, child support, unemployment, disability payments, income tax forms, employer statements.
• Proof of pregnancy (written statement from medical professional)
• Proof of child care expenses
• Proof of citizenship (birth certificate or U.S. passport)
• Immigration status if not a U.S. citizen (Alien Registration Card or permanent resident card)
• Proof of private health insurance (insurance card, policy number)
Local organizations like CANI continue to address the immediate needs of area residents who are without adequate health insurance. Several state-funded programs are available, but many Hoosiers remain without coverage. For more information, visit ckfindiana.org/coalitions/northeast-in .
CANI helps communities, families and individuals remove the causes and conditions of poverty. For more information about CANI and the services provided, visit the website canihelp.org.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.