Date(s) & Time(s)::
April 27, 2013
The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality and their success in pursuing this mission is because of volunteers.
March for Babies is a large undertaking. In addition to volunteers who participate and raise money for March for Babies, volunteers are needed on the day of the event. Some volunteer opportunities include:
· Checkpoint staff; handing out water, food, etc. along the route.
· Finish line staff; helping run the events and cookout at the finish line after the walk.
· Registration help; making sure all participants register and turn in their donations before the March for Babies.
· Set-up and Clean-up of the March for Babies route and at the start and finish lines.
Contact your local Indiana Chapter division office to volunteer or call 1-800-844-WALK.
According to the March of Dimes, because volunteers lead their efforts:
· More of every dollar raised can be used to fund research and community programs that help moms and babies. It keeps the cost of funding March of Dimes programs and events minimal.
· Program efforts in the community are in touch with the needs of the community. The volunteers leading these programs live and work in the community and know the specific challenges faced by moms and babies locally.
· Awareness efforts in the media are not funded by donations. Any advertising and media time for health education promotions is donated by corporations and media partners, saving your donations to fund more program efforts to save babies.
If you haven’t already registered to walk in March for Babies, the walk starts at www.marchforbabies.org. Sign up today, build a team; volunteer on March for Babies Day and together we will build a stronger, healthier future for all babies.
The March of Dimes is the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health. With chapters nationwide and its premier event, March for Babies the March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. For the latest resources and information, visit marchofdimes.com or nacersano.org.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.