Take your taste buds on an island retreat with an easy grilled chicken favorite, tropical Pina Colada Chicken. Our quick-to-fix pina colada
Cooking Time: 7 min
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light or dark rum
- 1/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in a shallow glass baking dish. Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly to make piña colada marinade. Cover, refrigerate and reserve 1/2 cup marinade until ready to use for basting.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken, cover, and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Grill chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side, basting with reserved 1/2 cup piña colada marinade and turning chicken frequently, until no pink remains and juices run clear (see Note).
Frequent basting gives this chicken even more tropical flavor, but be sure not to baste it during the last 4 minutes of cooking, so the cooked chicken doesn’t come in contact with marinade used on raw chicken.
Try our Peanutty Rice or any of our other quick rice side dishes.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.