Source:From Mr. Food
Made with only 3 ingredients, this side dish will be tops at your next dinner party! It's got the best part of our favorite French onion soup...the top! This is a cheesy, crusty, oniony bread bake that shouts "Special!"
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 envelope (from a 2.75-ounce box) onion soup mix, prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange bread slices on baking sheets and bake 5 minutes per side, until dry and golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half the bread slices in a single layer over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and top with remaining bread slices. Pour prepared onion soup over bread and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread has absorbed most of the soup and cheese is golden.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.