Mexican Corn Bread Salad is a colorful layered salad that tastes like a fiesta in a bowl. This novel summer salad takes just minutes to assemble and chills up in our fridge so it’s ready when we are.
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 corn bread muffins (16 ounces total)
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-1/4-ounce) cans whole-kernel corn, drained
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 scallions (green onions), sliced
- In a small bowl, combine dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Crumble half of the corn muffins into a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Layer the beans over the muffins, then the bell pepper, sour cream mixture, corn, tomatoes, bacon, the remaining corn muffins, the cheese, and scallions.
- Cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.