Cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies make our already sinfully rich homemade cheesecake even more luscious! Bake up our easy Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake and be a homemade hero to your gang!
- 1 (20-ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 30 cookies in a resealable plastic bag; using a rolling pin, crush cookies then place crumbs in a medium bowl with the butter; mix well then spread mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and mix well.
- Set aside 6 cookies for garnish then break up remaining cookies. Stir cookie pieces into cream cheese mixture then pour into crust.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a spoon, stir together sour cream, cocoa, remaining sugar and vanilla until well combined. Carefully spread sour cream mixture over top of cheesecake then bake 5 more minutes.
- Let cool then chill 8 hours or overnight. Cover until ready to serve. When ready to serve, remove from pan to a serving plate and spoon 12 equal-sized dollops of whipped topping on top. Cut the 6 reserved cookies in half and place half a cookie on each dollop of whipped topping.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.