Yields: 6 to 8 slices
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (see Tips)
- 1 (6-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with .
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Add and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until completely browned, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid; stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll dough out to 12- to 14-inch circle. Place on prepared pizza pan. Using a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times. Spoon beef mixture evenly over and top with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve immediately.
- If you'd prefer to use a prepared pizza shell, that will work here, too.
- We love to serve this with our Caesar salad for a complete meal!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.