The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.
Cooking Time: 3 hr 20 min
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) beef brisket (first cut, flat half), trimmed
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 3/4 cups beef broth, divided
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
What To Do:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add brisket and brown evenly; remove brisket from pan and set aside.
3) Add onions to pan and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings being careful to retain onions, then add brisket, 3/4 cup broth, and garlic; cover tightly.
4) Cook brisket in oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender. Remove brisket to a cutting board; keep warm. Drain oil from pan and discard.
5) Add remaining broth and horseradish to onions in pan and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until hot. Slice brisket diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.