Our version of Chicken Bolognese is a lighter twist on the traditional Italian-style Bolognese sauce. Made with ground chicken and served over heart-healthy whole grain pasta, it tastes just as rich and hearty as the original.
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound ground chicken
• 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
• 1 celery stalk, diced
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons dried basil
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 pound (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
What To Do:
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown chicken 5 to 6 minutes. Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic , salt, and pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add remaining ingredients except pasta; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over pasta.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Chicken-Bolognese#J97cV2Wbc64BPSGG.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.