Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. Stack up this fresh-tasting, time-saving salad soon.
• 2 cups mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
• 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
• 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
1. In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
2. In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce then half the bell pepper, onion, corn, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more then top with bacon bits.
3. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Toss just before serving.
• Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl with straight sides allows us to see all the colorful layers of this salad.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Salads/Chilled-Stacked-Salad#zVY58oTfkvc7pWIa.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.