If you love Italian food, then you’ll love our tasty homemade meatballs that are as at home on a hoagie roll as they are atop a plate of spaghetti! Mangia and enjoy our Classic Meatball Subs!
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 pound ground beef
• 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
• 1 egg
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
• 4 hoagie rolls, split
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients except sauce and rolls (see Tip); mix well. Form mixture into 12 meatballs and place in a soup pot. Add spaghetti sauce and stir gently to mix.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
3. Place 3 meatballs on each roll, spoon on some sauce, and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
• The key to plump, tender meatballs is not to over-mix, over-handle, or pack the meat mixture. Treat the ground beef with a little TLC and you'll end up with some of the best meatballs you've ever had.
• Toast the rolls with a little bit of garlic butter. Mmmm!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Classic-Meatball-Subs#rV0tdlxjkGMSkOUA.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.