Our slow cooker version of Cola Pot Roast comes swimming in a rich tasting sauce, thanks to one of our favorite soft drinks. Yes, surprisingly it's the cola, that adds a special flair to this tender, flavorful pot roast.
Cooking Time: 7 hr
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 (3-1/2- to 4-1/2-pound) boneless beef bottom round roast
• 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
• 1 large onion, cut into half-moons
• 1 (12-ounce) can cola
• 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder evenly over entire roast then place roast in a 6-quart slow cooker. Place carrots and onion around roast.
2. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over roast.
3. Cover and cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours, or until fork-tender. Slice and serve topped with sauce and vegetables.
Slow cookers are all the rage again, and for good reason! They make our lives so much easier without compromising great taste.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.