Don’t wait for Valentine’s Day to impress those you love with your Cupid’s Chocolate Cake. Yes, it’s perfect for scoring a bull’s eye to their hearts, but love can be in the air anytime, and this one will always deliver a heavenly result.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
2 drops red food color
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
20 large strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish and bake according to package directions, 25 to 30 minutes; let cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, strawberry jam, and red food color until well mixed. Fold in whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
4. Frost top of cooled cake, cover, and refrigerate.
5. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Dip strawberries half way in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter to let chocolate harden. When ready to serve, cut cake into squares and top each with a strawberry.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.