No need to decide between pear or apple when you're craving a fruity in-season dessert! Make our Fall Harvest Cobbler, and you can have 'em both! Dried cranberries add an extra burst of flavor in this warm and cozy autumn favorite.
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 2 cups cold water, divided
• 3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
• 3 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
• 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
1. In a soup pot, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1-3/4 cups water; bring to a boil.
2. Stir in apples, pears, cranberries, and lemon juice; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Slowly pour into fruit mixture and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer fruit mixture to baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.
• Since 6 cups of fruit are needed, if you fall short on apples just add more pears, or vice versa!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Fall-Harvest-Cobbler#rqq4rcreyC3okzYo.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.