Our salute to British pub favorites inspired by the Summer Olympics in London includes these hot 'n' hearty all-in-one pan Farmhouse Ham and Cheese Bake sandwiches! You'll earn a gold medal every time you make them!
Cooking Time: 30 min
• 8 slices hearty white bread
• 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
• 2 cups shredded extra sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 4 eggs
• 1 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place 4 slices of bread in prepared baking dish. Evenly layer ham over bread. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over ham and top with remaining bread. Spread butter over top of bread.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together milk, eggs, mustard, chives, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour egg mixture over bread and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let sit 15 minutes.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until egg custard is set and bread is golden.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Farmhouse-Ham-and-Cheese-Bake#SjDtdbpBdeIjtXOe.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.