For an easy crowd-pleasing recipe that really stacks up, try our Ham and Pepper Stack. An Italian bread loaf loaded with layers of a honey-mustard and cream cheese spread, deli ham, Swiss cheese and more, it’ll score you big entertaining points!
• 1 (16-ounce) round Italian bread loaf
• 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 3 tablespoons honey mustard
• 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 2 scallions (green onions) sliced
• 1 pound deli ham, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup sliced banana peppers, drained
• 6 to 8 slices Swiss cheese
• 3 to 4 leaves romaine lettuce
• 1 tomato, sliced
1. Cut off top 1/3 of bread loaf and reserve top. Scoop out soft center of bottom part of bread loaf, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, honey mustard, mayonnaise, and scallions; mix well then spread in bottom of bread shell and on cut side of bread top.
3. Layer ham and remaining ingredients over cream cheese mixture; cover with bread top. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.