Get out your grass skirt and let the hula dancing commence! Our Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread is sure to cause a stir when you serve this tropical version of comforting homemade banana bread.
Makes: 2 loaves
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 4 teaspoons liquid reserved
• 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamia nuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
• In Hawaii they'd use macadamia nuts; but pecans or walnuts are more affordable and work just as well.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.