This classic all-American favorite tastes so much better when made with your own fresh ingredients. Our Homestyle Sloppy Joes are sink-your-teeth into 'em good!
Cooking Time: 15 min
• 2 to 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 8 sandwich or hamburger buns, split
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes; drain off excess liquid.
2. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sandwich-style spooned into buns.
• For extra zing, add 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Homestyle-Sloppy-Joes-from-Mr-Food#PBofEYYTqPKF6EY1.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.