Carving your holiday bird doesn't have to be a chore! Our step-by-step tips will guide you to a perfectly carved turkey that you can proudly present at your Thanksgiving feast!
TEST KITCHEN TURKEY CARVING TIPS
• Roast your turkey the day before or early the day you're going to serve it.
• Remove turkey from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes to prevent the juices from escaping when it is cut.
• Remove thighs and drumsticks by gently bending each away from the carcass and, using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut between the joints.
• Using a sharp knife, cut along one side of breast bone to remove the entire breast in one piece. It will look like a big boneless roast. Repeat same step on other side.
• Remove wings.
• Place cut-up turkey into a heavy roasting pan and, if you’re serving it soon, let it sit, covered, to keep warm. If you’re preparing it ahead of time, cover the pan and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to reheat it.
• To reheat it, pour some chicken broth into the pan, cover it and heat it in a preheated oven or, even faster and smarter, to free up oven space, steam it on the stovetop for about 15 minutes. Either way, you’ll have the juiciest turkey ever! Right before serving, simply slice the turkey breast across the grain and you're ready to go with no mess and no fuss at the table.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/How-To/Turkey-Carving-Tips#UBRyHAo16PAT6Kbm.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.