This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!): King Ranch! So of course, it’s big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang’s big appetites.
Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 large green bell pepper, diced
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
• 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
• 4 cups diced cooked chicken
• 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray .
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in soup, diced tomatoes, and chili powder. Cook just until warmed.
3. Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over tortilla strips, top with half the vegetables, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/King-Ranch-Casserole-101#BRV9cUF2vL48MRUo.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.