A healthy egg breakfast is just minutes away, when we use our microwave to speed up the cooking. This hearty Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble is sure to have your whole gang scrambling out of bed.
Cooking Time: 2 min
• 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash browns
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 tablespoon black bean and corn salsa
• 1 tablespoon shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Coat a 12-ounce microwaveable coffee mug with cooking spray. Add hash browns and microwave on high 1 minute.
2. Add egg and water; beat until blended. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave until egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer.
3. Top with salsa and cheese and serve immediately.
• Microwave ovens vary, so adjust your cooking time as needed.
• Our Test Kitchen used ready-made refrigerated black bean and corn salsa; which is available in most markets. Of course, this recipe tastes great with any salsa or even without!
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Eggs/Mexican-Coffee-Cup-Scramble#abfd6Juf3u7C3dLr.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.