Mexican Corn Bread Salad is a colorful layered salad that tastes like a fiesta in a bowl. This novel summer salad looks as awesome as it tastes. Whether for company or to add tasty excitement to your mealtime routine, raves will be coming your way!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Chilling Time: 2 hr
• 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch-style dressing mix
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 6 corn bread muffins
• 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 2 (15.25-ounce) cans whole-kernel corn, drained
• 3 large tomatoes, chopped
• 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
• 6 scallions (green onions), sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise; set aside.
2. Crumble half of corn muffins into a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Layer beans over corn muffins, then bell pepper, sour cream mixture, corn, tomatoes, bacon, remaining corn muffins, cheese, and scallions.
3. Cover, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.