Everyone loves French toast, so why not take it across the border and put a twist on it? Our Mexican French Toast breaks with tradition for a novel brunch-worthy version of this favorite breakfast treat.
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, granulated sugar, , and vanilla until well blended.
- Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat tortillas. Allow to soak 10 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
- Strawberries are the perfect topping, either fresh or frozen and thawed, along with real maple syrup.
- If you love French toast as much as we do, here are some other delicious recipes to try: Chocolate Banana Baked French Toast and French Toast Souffle will start your day out right! (Although they'd be great any time of day!)
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.