Delicate melt-in-your mouth egg noodles are tossed in our creamy Italian-style homemade sauce, for a twist on the traditional “carbonara” dish. Noodle Carbonara is sure to be a family favorite!
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
• 12 ounces uncooked egg noodles
• 8 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 cups half-and-half
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm in a serving bowl .
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 to10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
3. In the same skillet, over a medium heat, heat half-and-half with the garlic until bubbles form around edges. Whisk in 3/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper just until it starts to thicken. Stir in bacon, peas and the parsley, and cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour over noodles and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Noodle-Carbonara#vhyqwfL88xUZXXpq.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.