It's the brown sugar and cinnamon that makes our Overnight Coffee Cake melt in your mouth. We can bet everyone will think you bought it from a fancy bakery -- but your secret is safe with us.
Chilling Time: 8 hr
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for baking dish
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
1) Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then sprinkle with flour.
2) In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the butter, milk, and eggs. Beat until well combined; pour into prepared baking dish, then cover and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4) In a small bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and cinnamon with the pecans. Sprinkle over chilled batter.
5) Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut, and serve warm.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.