Lure your gang to the table with this all-in-one meal that starts with mild and mellow U.S. Farm-Raised catfish . Topped with a tempting corn and lima bean succotash, our Pan-Seared Catfish with Succotash will have you reeling in tasty rewards!
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 2 teaspoons hot sauce
• 4 (4- to 6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised catfish fillets
• 1 stick butter, divided
• 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
• 1 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
• 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 1/2 cup cornmeal
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
What To Do:
1. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Place catfish in mixture, turning to coat on all sides; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add corn, lima beans, red pepper, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
3. In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, remaining salt, and remaining black pepper. Remove catfish from marinade and coat with cornmeal mixture.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter with oil. Saute catfish 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crisp. Serve topped with succotash.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Fish/Pan-Seared-Catfish-with-Succotash#CHCZHbjRfEC8m6eg.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.