Although our Test Kitchen created this recipe for everyone that's asked for ideas to use up leftover hot dog buns or hamburger rolls; when you taste our yummy Pink Lemonade Bread Pudding, you might not wait for leftovers. This novel bread pudding simply shouts summer!
Cooking Time: 45 min
• 4 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 8 leftover hot dog or hamburger rolls, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 7 cups)
• 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
• 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup lemon juice; mix well. Add bread cubes and chopped cherries; toss gently to mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining lemon juice, and cherry juice; mix well. Drizzle over warm bread pudding, or chill until ready to serve.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.