Get your finicky eaters to eagerly eat their veggies with our delicious Pizza Zucchini Boats. This recipe delivers an “everybody loves it “pizza taste sure to “sail off their plates!”
Cooking Time: 30 min
• 4 zucchini or yellow squash (two of each preferred)
• 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Dice flesh that was removed.
3. In a large skillet, cook sausage and diced squash over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through, breaking up sausage with a spoon during cooking. Drain mixture and place in a medium bowl. Add drained tomatoes, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and salt; mix well.
4. Fill squash halves with sausage mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is heated through. Serve immediately.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.