Makes: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 to 1 pound cashews
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
What To Do:
- Cover 2 with wax paper and coat with cooking spray. Arrange cashews into 24 groups on the baking sheets.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with cream 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Immediately spoon caramel mixture over each nut group while still hot; reheat if caramel gets too thick.
- In another small saucepan over low heat, melt with shortening 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle chocolate over caramel-covered nuts, evenly sprinkle with sea salt, and let stand until firm.
- This will work with any type of nuts, so substitute your favorite and enjoy the contrasts of chewy and crunchy!
- Love the idea of treating and friends to your homemade candy creations? Why not also try our Buckeyes?
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.