Impress your friends next time you have them over for tea with these delicious and easy Shortbread Tea Cookies. You can use whichever kind of tea you prefer, making these treats completely unique to your taste!
Makes: about 36
Chilling Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon tea (from 3 tea bags)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
1) In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add flour, tea, and salt; beat until a dough is formed. (You may need to work the dough with your hands until it comes together.)
2) Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
3) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice dough into 1/3-inch circles and place on baking sheets.
4) Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are browned. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
5) In a microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate in microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate is smooth, stirring occasionally. Dip cooled cookies halfway into chocolate and place on wax paper-lined tray. Let sit until chocolate hardens.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Shortbread-Tea-Cookies#TTcyqbS9mAiBLD31.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.