Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese puts a trendy seafood spin on our recipe for homestyle macaroni and cheese. When your gang tastes this variation, studded with shrimp, macaroni and cheese will never be the same!
• 1 pound elbow macaroni
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 cups milk
• 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
• 1 pound cooked medium-sized shrimp, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
3. In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
4. Add cooked macaroni and shrimp to cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined; pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Shrimp-Mac-n-Cheese#lLR0V1wij1WsMJ86.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.