Get ready to reach for the tastiest homemade onion rings ever! Our Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Rings are made from mild, sweet onions that are fried in a zesty batter that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup cornstarch
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons baking powder
• 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 cups club soda
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut into 3/8-inch-thick slices and separated into rings
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, ground red pepper, and salt. Whisk club soda into mixture.
2. In a large soup pot, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Dip each onion ring into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Fry a few onion rings at a time for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden, turning once during cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter before serving.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.