This hearty south-of-the-border beefy Tamale Casserole made with an easy cornmeal crust is simply out of this world. Teamed with your favorite Tex-Mex go-alongs, its got just the right amount of spice and stick-to-your-ribs comfort!
Cooking Time: 55 min
What You'll Need:
• 2 pounds ground chuck
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 3 cups milk
• 2 cups cornmeal
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 (6-ounce can) pitted black olives, drained
• 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over high heat, cook ground chuck and onion until browned. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, mix milk with cornmeal and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Line bottom and sides of prepared casserole dish with cooked cornmeal.
4. Stir corn and olives into meat mixture and spoon into casserole dish.
5. Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and cook 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is heated through.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Tamale-Casserole-by-Mr-Food#6ieot6m2DfTlUgvB.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.