This old west-style hearty beef brisket is sure to be a welcome addition to your table as the days get cooler. Big on taste and short on work, our Wagon Train Pot Roast is sure to be a family favorite.
Cooking Time: 3 hr
What You'll Need:
• 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket
• 2 cups smoky-flavored barbecue sauce
• 1 can French onion soup
• 2 large onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons hot sauce
• 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Place brisket fat side up in pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over brisket. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
3. Roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender.
4. Remove brisket to a cutting board. Cut across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve topped with sauce from the pan.
If you want to make this in advance, return the sliced brisket to the sauce in the pan, cover, and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, heat the covered brisket in a 300 degree oven until warmed through.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Wagon-Train-Pot-Roast-1584#ZuPbZ94ZVdFCMpjL.99
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.