Candle Ignites House Fire

By Peter Ambrose

Candle Ignites House Fire

September 13, 2011 Updated Sep 13, 2011 at 6:08 AM EDT

ORLAND, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - A farmhouse in Steuben County has been damaged in an overnight fire.

Officials say the blaze started around 11PM Monday in an upstairs bedroom of a home on West State Road 120 in Orland.

Firefighters extinguished the flames in about 20 minutes and kept the damage contained to the room. Other rooms took on smoke and water damage.

Four people in the home escaped safely. Investigators believe a candle caused the fire.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.