Coroner Releases Cause of Death of Woman Found in Vacant Building

By Emily Dwire
By Rachel Martin

June 9, 2013 Updated Jun 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) – Investigators say a woman found dead in a vacant storefront on South Anthony Blvd. back in January, died accidentally of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fort Wayne Police were called to the Anthony Wayne Village Center on Jan. 23, after someone reported a suspicious odor coming from the vacant building.

Dana Gersper was found dead inside the building. Officials say there were three or four machines, including a generator that could have produced carbon monoxide, but couldn't pinpoint the exact source at the time.

Investigators determined back in March that Gersper died from the deadly poison. However, the Allen County Coroner’s Office just released the cause of the death Saturday.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.