Working Smoke Alarms Went Off

Fire Damages Whitley County Home

By Peter Neumann

December 27, 2012 Updated Dec 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM EDT

WHITLEY COUNTY, In. (www.incnow.tv) --- Working smoke detectors helped prevent a potential tragedy this morning.

A house off of State Road 114 between CR300 and CR400E in Whitley County was heavily damaged by fire. Two residents in the home heard the smoke detectors upstairs go off, and when they went upstairs they discovered flames there and in the attic.

Additional fire fighting units from Huntington and sothwest Allen County responded to Whitley's call for assistance.

The two residents of the home were uninjured, although a volunteer firefighter was taken to a local hospital complaining of chest pains.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.