FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) -- Fire crews were called to Avenir Inn, formally the Baymont Inn, Thursday shortly before 8:30 a.m.
When crews arrived at the 1000 block of W. Washington Center Rd. they found heavy smoke on the 3rd floor and immediately called for a full response.
The fire was contained to one room on the 3rd floor. There are unconfirmed reports that a heater within the room malfunctioned and soon began to smoke.
All of the people who were inside the hotel made it out safely. According to investigators there are no reports of anyone being injured.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.