FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - An occupant was alerted by a smoke detector early Friday afternoon and discovered a fire in the kitchen of a residence at 2525 Miner Street.
The occupant attempted to extinguish it while notifying the fire department but was unable to do so. The Fort Wayne Fire Department arrived to find a gas-fed fire in the kitchen area which extended into an interior wall of the home.
All occupants had safely exited the residence, and there were no injuries. Officials say the smoke damage to the home was extensive.
The fire is under investigation at this time. The Red Cross is assisting the occupants.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.