Fire in Nursing Center, Residents Evacuate

By Kevin Kitt

Fire in Nursing Center, Residents Evacuate

June 8, 2013 Updated Dec 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM EDT

ANGOLA, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - A fire was reported in the attic of a nursing center late Friday night.

The Angola Fire Department was dispatched to a report of smoke in the attic at the Lakeland Nursing Center.

According to officials, the first units on the scene found an active fire in the attic of the building. Residents were evacuated out of the affected wing. Due to the fire and the amount of residents, they had to be evacuated to other facilities in the city for temporary housing until other nursing facilities can accomodate vacancy.

The cause of the fire is said to be from an electrical spark, according to police. Nobody was injured in the incident.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.