Towels Over Lamp Start House Fire (VIDEO & PHOTOS)

By Emma Koch - 21Alive

November 8, 2013 Updated Nov 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) -- Fort Wayne fire investigators believe they know what sparked a blaze that damaged a house in the 1100 block of Home Ave.

It was around 2 p.m. Friday when fire trucks were called. When they arrived they noticed smoke and flames coming out of the home. Officials on the scene say towels placed over a lamp started the fire which quickly spread.

There were no injuries.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.