FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – Here’s a look at what 12 items, staples for many families, cost this week at your local grocery store.
1. One Loaf of White Bread $1.99
2. One Dozen, Grade A Large Eggs $1.79
3. One Gallon of 2% Milk $2.50
4. One Pound of American Cheese $4.99
5. One Pound of Chocolate $4.77
6. One Pound Ground of Coffee $4.65
7. One Pound of Granulated Sugar $0.54
8. One Pound of White Rice $1.14
9. One Pound of Fresh Tomatoes $2.29
10. One Pound of Fresh Oranges $0.75
11. One Pound of Fresh Chicken Breast $1.99
12. One Pound of Fresh Ground Beef $2.49
Bringing your grand total for the week to $29.89.
Come back next week to see how the prices of the items are changing.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.