No charges for Ronaldo over Ferrari smash

By AFP

June 18, 2010 Updated Jun 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM EDT

Cristiano Ronaldo, on the verge of a world record transfer to Real Madrid, has received more good news after the Portugal winger was told he will not face any charges after writing off his Ferrari sports car in a crash.

The Manchester United star, who should finally complete his long-desired move to Real for 80 million pounds later this month, demolished the front of his Ferrari when it hit a roadside barrier under a tunnel near Manchester Airport in January.

Ronaldo, FIFA's World Player of the Year, escaped uninjured and spoke to police at the scene before making his way to United's training ground.

After investigating the incident and interviewing Ronaldo last month, Manchester police decided not to take action against the 24-year-old, who also provided a written statement following the crash.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said on Tuesday: "No further action will be taken against the driver of a Ferrari 599 GTB, which collided with a wall on the A538 Wilmslow Road on Thursday, January 8.

"No one was injured and no other vehicles were involved in the incident."




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.