FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - One person was hospitalized after an early morning blaze on the city's southeast side.
The fire started around 5:30 Thursday morning from food left unattended on the stove in an apartment kitchen at the Villa Capri complex on Fox Point Trail.
One person was pulled from the building and taken to a hospital, apparently in critical condition but has since been upgraded to serious.
The second floor of the building was also evacuated as flames began to extend into the attic.
The fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes. No working smoke alarm was detected at the time of the fire.
No other injuries were reported.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.