Map: Downtown House Fire41.075138 -85.159872
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - Fire officials say improperly disposed smoking materials caused a fire that destroyed a Fort Wayne home Thursday morning.
Around 8:30, the Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a blaze at 118 Mechanic St. The home serves as two separate apartments.
Heavy flames engulfed the house, especially on the first floor. It took firefighters nearly an hour and a half to bring the fire under control.
No one was home at the time. Two cats were reported missing, and have not been found.
The house is considered a total loss.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2013 A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.