FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) - A home in Fort Wayne was damaged Tuesday afternoon in a fire.
Flames ripped through the two story home at 1509 Cass St. 4:30 p.m. A woman and child were home at the time, but safely evacuated before fire crews arrived.
The fire started on the first floor, and spread through an open window into the roof overhang.
The fire also caused some damage to a neighboring house.
Fort Wayne firefighters brought the fire under control in 12 minutes.
According to investigators, a child was playing with a lighter that sparked the fire. The child as well as a woman escaped without injury.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.