House Set Ablaze From Unattended Food On Stove (VIDEO & PHOTOS)

By Emma Koch

Gallery

2 photos

June 17, 2013 Updated Dec 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) – The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a house fire on E. Pettit Ave. around noon Monday.

First responders say there was heavy smoke coming from the home and some flames could be seen. Fire was found in the kitchen and utility rooms.

Once person occupied the house and was able to get themselves out. No word has been given on the occupant’s condition.

The cause of the fire was determined to be food left unattended on the stove.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.