Fatal Milford Fire Ruled Accidental (VIDEO)

By Jake Perrone - 21Alive
By Rachel Martin - 21Alive
By Eric Dutkiewicz - 21Alive

February 16, 2014 Updated Feb 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM EDT

MILFORD, Ind. (21Alive) – The Kosciusko County Coroner has confirmed the identity of one of the individuals involved in the structure fire on Feb. 13 located at Medina's Body Repair Shop in Milford.

The female found by firefighters on the second floor has been identified as Annalu Nunez, of Milford.

Nunez was determined to have died of smoke inhalation.

The male body found by firefighters on the first floor is presumed to be José Medina, also of Milford.

Medical examiners determined the male subject also died of smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators say the fire originated in the ceiling of a work bay, and spread to the rest of the building. Evidence suggests an malfunction in wiring, and the fire is ruled accidental.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from Indiana's NewsCenter are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.