FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) -- Memorial Day weekend is the beginning of the Summer travel season. Schools are letting out, and families are packing up for a little vacation. With the long weekend, Indiana State Police are planning to be out in full force watching the roads. They want to remind you to drive carefully, don't rush, and pay attention to your surroundings.
Just because it's the holiday, road construction projects and road closures will continue this weekend. Here are a list of projects in Northeast Indiana:
· I-469 southbound is restricted to one lane between Exit 19 (US 30) and Exit 15 (Tillman Road) for concrete restoration. There is a speed limit of 60 mph in effect.
· I-69 bridge replacement at Mile 271 has northbound traffic crossing over to the southbound side, with one lane of traffic in each direction in this construction zone. There is a speed limit of 60 mph.
· SR 5 has a temporary traffic signal with single-lane traffic over the Roush Dam.
· SR 5 in Ligonier is closed for utility work.
· I-69 is restricted to one 12-foot lane in each direction between Exit 348 (US 20) and Exit 354 (SR 127, Pokagon State Park) for asphalt resurfacing. There is a speed limit of 60 mph in effect in the work zone.
· SR 1 is closed between CR 900S and CR 850S for bridge replacement.
Do you like to talk about weather... or sitting in traffic? Join Jason Meyers on Facebook at Jason Meyers INC Weather for the latest chat on this situation!
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "Your2Cents” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.